[xwiki-users] Forgot Admin Password?
mohit gupta
2012-03-19 18:00:07 UTC
Hi All,

i for got my 11 digit admin password. Kindly let me know how can i recover
it ? Also want to know is there a way i can direct get from database in
decrypted form.

Thanks.
Vincent Massol
2012-03-19 18:02:48 UTC
Post by mohit gupta
Hi All,
i for got my 11 digit admin password. Kindly let me know how can i recover
it ?
You can log in as an Admin and change the password.
You can also log as superadmin if you don't have any admin user set.
Post by mohit gupta
Also want to know is there a way i can direct get from database in
decrypted form.
No you cannot. That would be unsafe to be able to do this!

Thanks
-Vincent
mohit gupta
2012-03-20 04:12:54 UTC
*You can log in as an Admin and change the password.*
**
I had only one Admin created in database . My question is how will i login
as admin and change the password, if i have already forgotten the password.
Post by mohit gupta
Hi,
Dmitry Bakbardin
2012-03-20 04:38:36 UTC
Hi!

Vincent already gave the answer: "You can also log as superadmin if you don't have any admin user set."

Check this for details
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Security

Kind Regards,

Dmitry
Post by mohit gupta
*You can log in as an Admin and change the password.*
**
I had only one Admin created in database . My question is how will i login
as admin and change the password, if i have already forgotten the password.
Post by mohit gupta
Hi,
Post by mohit gupta
Also want to know is there a way i can direct get from database in
decrypted form.
No you cannot. That would be unsafe to be able to do this!
Thanks
-Vincent
Kind regards,

Dmitry
mohit gupta
2012-03-20 07:00:56 UTC
Hi Dmitry,

As per link i uncommented the line *xwiki.superadminpassword=system and
set *xwiki.superadminpassword = mar at 2012.
But now i login as superadmin as username and password as mar at 2012. It logs
me in with error at top Error number 4001 in 4: Error while parsing
velocity page /templates/menuview.vm Wrapped Exception: Failed to evaluate
content with id [/templates/menuview.vm]. When i click on it it says
XWiki.superadmin does not exist. *here is caused by stack trace*

Caused by: com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 0 in 5: User
[XWiki.superadmin] does not exists
at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListStore.getWatchListObject(WatchListStore.java:537)
at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListStore.getWatchedElements(WatchListStore.java:401)
at
com.xpn.xwiki.plugin.watchlist.WatchListPluginApi.isDocumentWatched(WatchListPluginApi.java:73)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor339.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.doInvoke(UberspectImpl.java:395)
at
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl$VelMethodImpl.invoke(UberspectImpl.java:384)
at
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:173)
... 97 more

*What is the usernae of superadmin?*
Post by mohit gupta
as admin and change the password, if i have already forgotten the
password.
Post by mohit gupta
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Vincent Massol <vincent at massol.net>
Post by mohit gupta
Hi,
Paul Libbrecht
2012-03-20 07:18:23 UTC
Mohit,

this surely appears as a bug.
But I would attempt going elsewhere, it has a chance to work.

paul
Post by mohit gupta
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Vincent Massol <vincent at massol.net>
Post by mohit gupta
Hi,
mohit gupta
2012-03-20 08:40:12 UTC
Hi paul,
just wanted to confirm that user name is superadmin.Right?
Post by mohit gupta
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Vincent Massol <vincent at massol.net>
Post by mohit gupta
Hi,